Saturday, February 11, 2006

Valentine Blues



Sorry to hear it didn’t work out for you,
and now you’re asking what to do.
Ya say he’s left you with bills and blues.
ya look in the mirror with them valentine blues.

Sorry to hear it turned out that way.
You had your times, you got to play.
Ain’t gonna be no flowers or candy,
you got the blues on valentine’s day.

(Refrain:)
Now you be askin, what to do,
when we both got dem valentines blues.

Sorry he won’t be around no more,
won’t be knocking on your door.
and with them bills, you gonna be poor.
On valentines day your heart’s all tore.

Now you telling me this and that,
And asking if I’ll come back,
I wish I could, but I just can’t,
you left me for him, that be a fact.

(Refrain)

You said he was the one for you,
that I couldn’t offer nothin’ new.
So now you asking what to do?
I ain’t gonna play the fool.

Woke up alone, with nothin’ to do,
knowing V day’s here, and I’m feeling blue.
Now to hear you’re blue too,
Tearing at my heart,
we both got,

the Valentines blues.

No comments: