Sunday, September 10, 2006

Return to Sand Creek


Now that the summer heat has abated and the colors of autumn are beginning to grace the creek side foliage, it is the perfect time to fish Sand Creek again. After arriving and setting up camp Saturday night, I walked and fished the shoreline upstream; this is an area I had not fished before, and I found it to be generously endowed with ample trout habitat, deep runs and waterfalls, and holes where fish are easily seen.
Despite all that, and investing several hours fishing the area north and south of camp that evening and another hour Sunday morning fishing north of Ranch A, no fish were caught by me.
After trying my luck at various other spots downstream, I accepted defeat and headed to the town of Sundance. Being early morning as I came into town, and remembering a 30 acre pond on Sundance Creek between the golf course and the fairgrounds, I decided to give it a try. Good thing, for there I found several playful ten-inch rainbow trout that prevented me from getting skunked.

3 comments:

GoddessBabe said...

Nice photo babe! AND - I've yet to get back out to fish but am signed up for a fly fishing class (don't you think it's time?!)

Barley Dog looks really happy too!!

I've been starving for your posts so it's good to hear from you!

Be forwarned, Shannon now has access to you!!!!

Much love,
the Goddess

Anonymous said...

holy god! is that a pet sheep or a poodle from three mile island!!??
whateva... glad to see you're still hangin' out with some wild and wooly creatures!
speaking of which.. goddessbabe sent me your site, so don't blame me!
hope everything is wonderful with you!!! gee.. what's it been?? 27 years or so? YIKES. i'm still 19, by the way...
love, love.

Montana Maui Girl said...

Wow! You have quite the following! I never thought I would be a groupie to Montana Hermit's blog!
Peace-out!

-Monana Maui Girl